Monday, July 12, 2010

Up and Coming (and Essential?) in July

I know almost nothing about this besides the fact that it’s another VanderMeer collection, but seeing as everything I read by the guy has been brilliant, I’m just a wee bit excited. If VanderMeer’s prior works are anything to go by, this will be – both by turns and all at once – weird, funny, scary, touching, disturbing, beautiful, and jaw-droppingly good. Well, I’m looking forward to it.

Kearney’s Monarchies of God series is often regarded as one of the greatest works of epic fantasy, and the new omnibuses seem like the perfect way to finally experience them. Ten dollars on amazon for two seminal fantasy works? Alright, I’m interested.

Though I’ve never read McDonald, The Dervish House has been getting buzz too good to ignore, and the concept seems interesting, to say the least. Wert’s review highlights several of the interesting aspects, and then there’s that gorgeous cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment