Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Daniel Abraham - The Dragon's Path

My review of Daniel Abraham's The Dragon's Path is now up at Strange Horizons.

The format of this review's a bit different from my other reviews at the site, in that I and another reviewer - the perceptive and articulate Maria Velazquez - each appear in the same post with our views, creating a double review of sorts that has thrice the insight of any other review. As for what we focus on, I spent most of my piece on the characters while blithely dismissing aspects of the world that Ms. Velazquez then went on to reveal all sorts of damning implications about, none of which I'd ever considered. Our impressions couldn't be much more different, but that's no doubt the point of us being jammed together, so head on over and take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment